1.18.2011

Personal Manifesto, 2011 or Coming Out

1. I don't iron or mend.
2. I don't really know how to clean, but I do love it when my house is clean.
3. I can cook a mean meal and do so often, but also have funks where nothing sounds good.
4. My toenails are overgrown and currently have remains from past paintings.
5. I am 40 pounds overweight. Bummer! Working on it....
6. I am a really good mom sometimes. Emphasis on sometimes.
7. I am not a perfect wife, lover, or friend, either.
8. I don't wear the right shoes with the right outfits---never have, actually. I hate the whole, "if you're wearing a trouser, you need to pair that with a pump," or whatever the rule is. I don't even know the rule! And while we're on footwear, let's just say that I really hate wearing socks. Half the time they don't match each other, which only becomes a problem when I go to a house with a "shoes off" policy.
9. After I get our crusty carpets cleaned, I'm instituting a "shoes off" policy at our house, too, which means I may or may not start caring about my socks matching. (Leaning toward NOT.)
10. If you hear my kids saying, "shiz," "crap," or anything else crusty, they learned it from me.
11. I might have borderline Tourettes. But never in public.
12. I take anti-depressants. Maybe (hopefully?) not for forever, but for now.
13. I love my children and husband like crazy cakes.
14. I don't think I'll ever get used to Utah winters again. Not for me. I'm considering renting a trailer in Phoenix for the winter.

7 comments:

Lindy Johnson said...

how about a trailer in Athens? Much more scenic. Really.

Megan said...

this list just made my day. ditto to all of it, even the antidepressants. I'm just a blog stalker who loves darlybird, but I appreciate so much hearing other people's honesty about themselves--makes me feel more normal.

Emily said...

This list, and your voice that I hear when I read it, just about sum up what I adore abt you. Numbers 8 and 13 are my favorites.

Alice said...

1,2,3,5,8 and 13...I'm with you on those! Here's to 2011!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

This made my day! You are honest and I might add amazing! Thanks for making it real!

Makenzie said...

Renting a trailer in Phoenix is something that old people do Rach :)

Natalie said...

I just love you, Rachel. Your "real-ness" is what drew me to you.