11.24.2010

From Paris With Love



e
v
i
Leah and I returned from a whirlwind, amazing, bonding trip to Paris. It was plain fabulous. We saw a few sights, but mostly focused on being there. The ambiance, walking, walking, walking, spending time with her cousins, and even a trip to EuroDisney (this wouldn't have happened, except we know people who know people who work there, and got free tix.....). I loved being one-on-one with Bluebird; it was amazing how fun it was----little to no discipline issues, lots of togetherness, inside jokes, shared experience. We both loved it.

I was so worried before I left about leaving Esther and Phoebe. I missed them at times, but whenever I missed them a little too much, I seemed to see something tiny they would love and bought it for them. These were tiny things to tide me over, i.e. a binkie with a cat on it for Phoebe; Dora cookies with chocolate for Esther.....little nothings. But let me tell you: Phoebe has delighted in her kitty cat binky, and Esther has taken little packets of Dora biscuits to school for her lunch with pride and thanksgiving.

I'm hoping these trips will become more frequent with each of my girls, and with my Jonnie, too.
Here's to frequent flier miles, husbands who are willing to take care of kids, and a sister who (temporarily) lives in one of the greatest cities of the world!

2 comments:

Becca said...

awww, this makes me so happy. i want to call you today to see what your plans are this weekend. i'm hoping to catch up soon!

love you lots and so glad you had a fabulous trip!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you had such a great trip with sweet Leah. you look simply radiant in the pictures.

Randomly, I met your brother Joe in a store Wednesday in Phx. How's that for bizarre?