because I got published! My fab friend ph emailed me this morn, saying that her mom saw a Rachel Schutz from Sacto in the "Your Words" section of Real Simple and wondered if it was me. I emailed right back to ph that there must be another Rachel Schutz of Sacramento---even though that seemed highly unlikely. And right when I hit send, I realized that I had written something on a lark on the Real Simple website several months ago. So I was dying to get my hands on a copy because I couldn't remember, for the life of me, what I had submitted.
Cut to 15 mins ago when my dear neighbor Monika called: "You're a published author!" She read me my paragraph (or my 2 seconds of fame) and it all came back to me. I did write that cute little travel tip! I never thought my name would show up in a Real Simple magazine. I called Jon and he said that it's too bad I didn't somehow throw a darlybird.com reference in there somewhere. Yeah, too bad.
I'm going to go out and pick up a copy of the mag (I stopped subscribing because it became a bit monotonous. I mean, how many times can I clean my closet? Especially when I haven't done it after the first closet-cleaning article . . . ) But I still love the magazine. And I especially love it NOW!
3.14.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
may i be the first to congratulate you? i'm going to go get a copy right now! go, chi!
i gotsta go get me a copy! that is awesome.
Femme famous!
OK - now I have to confess my lurking ways because I cannot find it anywhere. Page number please? My March copy has financial tips in your words and my April copy has cleaning tips.
BTW - I saw your darlybird giveaway on Design Mom a couple of weeks ago - cool!
jessi--
it's actually in the Travel Edition, so I'm assuming it's not part of the regular monthly rotation?
Funny thing is that I don't subscribe to RS anymore, so the only proof I have of my "fame" is the page ripped out from my neighbor; coincidentally, this page doesn't have a number! And there's just an advert on the back, so no amount of sleuthing will give it to me. I suppose I should buy myself a bonafide copy . . . anyway, it's on a page with a little illustration of a cowboy by the Eiffel Tower. Hope that helps.
Super cool! I was quoted, once, a long time ago. We should start a club. A club where we are published authors and talk about royalties and our addictoins to absynthe.
Post a Comment