Mint Brownies ala Tropical Velvet
These are possibly the best dessert I've ever had. So sinful---I've got the butt and the gut to prove that I made 2 batches within the last 2 months! Usually, I have a "I-make-these-once-a-year" rule. Not this year.
Brownies:
2 c. sugar
1 c. butter
4 eggs
2.5 c. flour
4-1 oz unsweetened choc squares---melted
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
Mix ingredients together (Do the whole wet and dry thing if you believe in that. I don't.) Bake at 350 for an undisclosed amnt of time. I usually do it for about 25-30 mins. But then again, the recipe says 300 for 20 mins. But that's just way too gooey.
Mint frosting:
4 Tbs butter
2 Tbs evaporated milk (I always use skim because I usually don't have ev on hand.)
2 c powdered sugar
1/2 tsp mint extract
green food coloring
Beat ingred. Spread layer on brownies after they have cooled.
Chocolate topping:
6 Tbs butter (sometimes I use a bit less to help myself believe I'm making them healthier. As of now, I'm not going to do that any longer, because why try to make these something they're not?)
2 tsp vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips
Melt ingredients on stove, careful not to burn the chips. Pour over top, immediately. (Make sure other layers have cooled.)
Please return and report after trying these.
1.24.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
So dangerous!
those look SO yummy - that might be a nice way to finish off sunday dinner.
Literally, you will think you've died and gone to heaven after you eat just one. And then you'll promptly have to eat 3 more (if you're like me). Serving suggestion: Eat them COLD
you crack me up with your return and report.
I am excited to try a mint brownie other than mint brownie a la BYU catering services.
P.S. What does mint have to do with Tropical velvet? I was suspecting some kind of papaya and guava filled brownie with pineapple frosting.
chi, i was totally cracking up over "return and report" too! i haven't eaten these since i don't know when. i know i haven't eaten them outside of your company so it has to be years! time to revive the tradition!
T--
tropical velvet is none other than becca claire, a dear lifelong friend, whose comment above will link you to her blog, tropical velvet. sorry for the pineapple guava passion fruit confusion.
Post a Comment