11.13.2006

Instructions for tags (photos below)

I thought about making this all visually friendly, with photos and all, but then I realized that I don't have the time to something silly like that. So sorry, Charlita!

Supplies:
***vintage images from clip art books (the Dover clip art series are phenomenal)---you can check these out at the library, or buy your own book.
***parchment-colored text-weight (copy) paper (We got a ream for $12 at Xpedx)
***cardstock--plain colored and textured (esp beautiful)--also fun prints are cool, too.
***handmade fancy papers (found mine at Robert's Craft outlet and Michael's---near the scrapbooking section. They are in a little booklet and are no bigger than 5x7". You can also get that huge Pound of Paper thing that Provo Craft made---they no longer sell it at Roberts, but it still is at Michael's. These papers (or another fancy handmade substitute) are essential.
***glitter glue (Icestickles brand is far superior to other kinds, I might suggest)
***random ribbons (or twine, or yarn . . . it all depends on the "character" of each tag)
***glue sticks up the wazoo
***low-quality .79 scissors (made by Provocraft) that have all sorts of different edges, i.e. scalloped, deckled, squiggly, zig-zag)
***colored pencils, or if you really want to go crazy, spring for luminarte watercolors. They impart an amazing iridescence. It's out of this world.
***Rubber stamps (substitute for vintage images)
NOW YOU CAN SEE WHY I SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY!!!

1. Enlarge and copy vintage images onto parchment-esque paper. It makes it look more nostalgic than plain white paper.
2. Cut out, color or paint, and glue onto fancy paper
3. Glue fancy paper onto cardstock or other fancy paper
4. Glitterize
5. Punch hole
6. Add ribbon
7. Ooh and aah a million freaking times!

Have fun, girls.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Funny you should post this today. I went out and bought supplies on Saturday and went looking today for vintage images but no luck so far. I'm so glad I got to sample the fun with you and I'm looking forward to making some more with the kids!

Elizabeth said...

I laughed outloud over the "Ooh and aah a MILLION FREAKING TIMES." You make me laugh. This post puts me in the creative/crafty mode (which I need to be in at this time of year). Hurray! Thanks!

bonny with a Y said...

Love the tags - Love the instructions.

Now I have Activity Days planned for December - THANKS! Hopefuly it won't break the budget.

and I loved A MILLION FREAKING TIMES as well.

Carina said...

Becca, check at Borders in their clip art section (should be in the General Art section of the store.) They should have a bunch of dover clip art books--for cheap--that have vintage images.