Phoebe tagged me. And now I finally feel loved, or wanted, like when you're not the last to get picked for teams in grade school, jr. high, and high school. So I'm not that athletic...or interesting...but someone finally PICKED ME! :)
4 Jobs I've had:
1. Calf babysitter at Livestock Auction (12 yrs. old and $3.25/hr.)
2. Billing clerk for David K. from age 14-24
3. Brackman's Bagels bagel artist
4. Jr. High/High School English Teacher
5 movies I can watch over and over:
1. BBC Pride and Prejudice ("FYMD," Martin!)
2. The Mirror Has Two Faces
3. Moulin Rouge
4. Anne of Green Gables
5. Room With a View
4 Places I've lived:
1. Centralia, WA
2. Provo, UT
3. Davis, CA
4. L.A. (Born and raised--for 2 weeks)
4 Places I Want to Live:
1. Carmel
2. Vernazza
3. La Jolla
4. Anywhere Marin
4 TV shows I love:
1. Gilmore Girls
2. American Idol
3. The Today Show (but I never get to watch it...)
4. ?? I used to like the Bachelor for the first few seasons (ashamed, yes) but I haven't watched it forever because the hoochy factor has been multiplied by 99 million.
4 Highly Regarded TV shows I've never watched a minute of:
1. ER
2. Law and Order
3. West Wing
4. Arrested Development
4 Places I've Vacationed:
1. Paris
2. London
3. Vernazza
4. Kauai
4 Places I Wish I Could Vacation:
1. Maui
2. Madagascar
3. a safari somewhere
4. Thailand (and a lot more once the kiddos are grown.)
4 Favorite Dishes:
1. Roasted Vegetables with Focaccia
2. Indian Feast
3. Tortilla Soup
4. Fruit Salad
4 Sites I Visit Daily:
1. mail.google.com
2. smallbusiness.yahoo.com
3. and all of my friends' blogs at least every few days? i'm sure that makes more than 4.
4 Places I'd Rather Be Right Now:
1. beach
2. beach
3. beach
4. beach
4 People I'm Tagging:
(I always feel like I'm a tele-marketer or pyramid-schemer when I enlist other people into these chains, so sorry and don't feel like you have to, but it's kind of fun....)
1. Tropical Velvet
2. Righteous Mama (sorry public, this blog is now members only...thanks for inviting me!)
3. Bluebell
4. Nat's Notes
3.07.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
hi chi: i'm not sure my members only thing worked. it doesn't let you password protect your site so people can still see it. and after you're creepy emails from anonymous, i just don't want to let a bunch of weirdos in on my site!!
I love your list. May I suggest...rent (or buy) and watch some Arrested Development.
i've heard it's great....from you, carina, and a lot of others. i think it will have to take a spot of honor at the top of my netflix list.
Arrested Development is definitely worth a try. And trust me, it would become one of those DVDs you could watch over and over. Maybe even more than the BBC Pride & Prejudice...
Also, I'm very curious what a bagel artist is.
*new topic*
Blogger doesn't have password-protecting or a members-only viewing option. Moderating comments is one option you can do through Blogger, as well as not displaying your profile, not displaying your archives, or taking your blog off the public listing (I told Phoebe all this stuff but I'm not sure how much of it she related to you).
If it is important to you to have "members only" viewing (not just commenting), but you still want to blog, you could also switch to a site like LiveJournal.
I will lend you season one of Arrested since I think it will make your (and everyone else's) life better. The shins may have not changed your life, but AD surely will. Also because Dr. Tobias Funke and I are BFF. Really.
Well for once it's nice to have you post without complaining. The way you go on! You'd need a trip SOMEWHERE!
Whoa?! Rachel, I appreciate your realistic portrayal of life--it's refreshing to know that someone else doesn't manage everything perfectly all the time (most of the time but not all). You are so talented and creative (which is the only way anyone could manage your girls special diets)and I can't wait for darlybird to be up and running (do you have a website)?
I, too, am interested in your bagel artistry! Fill us in.
Okay, c jane, I'm glad I understand your comment now--it took a phone call to Rachel and it's no comparison to the original Ms. X
I am currently watching the great BBC Pride & Prejudice!! One of my faves, too!
ROO: wait-list me for season 1 of AD. To be redeemed when we get together for some phat celebration of some sort. Let's start planning!
Bagel artist really isn't that spectacular. I was glorifying my job at Brackman's (now Einstein's) by stealing the "sandwich artist" title from Subway workers. I think my job as calf-sitter is much more interesting...6 inch poop, fighting goats, and baby cows that couldn't even walk. And the flies! Yikes! I'm not a hick--even at heart.
LollyGirl: thanks for the words of consolation. I loved getting your call of terror thinking that cjane was such an offender. You just hadn't read the comments from friday! ha! you thought cjane was bad? too funny...
Pride and Prejudice is so fantastic. Me and my gals (the Borg) watched one episode each sunday night for several weeks. I think we were ALL dying having to wait a week between episodes 4 & 5, but that made it all the more amazing. And then, leaving JRae's house heartsick and forlorn, Martin (Tropical Velvet's husband) uttered this kind acronym to us 21-year old "spinsters": "FYMD" It took a second before I figured it out: "find your mr. darcy." we swooned in agony. And then i found mine.
Someday, Rachel, we'll take the chillens, rent a beach house south of Carmel, and spend a glorious sun filled week lazing about the sands.
carina, i'm free this weekend! :)
All apologies LollyGirl. I love the chi!
My friend Jeff just called to tell me that he bought the new P&P on DVD. Not JUST because Kiera is hot, but because he likes it. Too bad he also informed me it will sit between Sin City, and Legions of Darkness on the shelf. Not MDM* after all.
*Mr. Darcy Material
Uhm, that sounds like MDM to me!
love the acronym, roo. does this happen to be the mile-higher?
Um. no. blush. And it wasn't like that. Different Jeff
roo, i really was trying to be cryptic so you wouldn't blush...sorry if i divulged too much info.
Post a Comment