2.10.2011

FYI

My personal manifesto was born from the fact that I have talked to endless women who say that reading blogs brings them down; they see posted perfection and feel like their own lives are less than. I've been there. I've done that. And it's all a farce.

While I think that blogs can be undeniably inspiring, I know the feelings of not measuring up to someone else and their portrayal of real life. Perfect isn't real. So I just wanted to put that out there, to keep it real. It's all true, and there are other creepy or undesirable things I could add about myself. (Not that you want to know. AND, I really hope I've never portrayed the perfection-variety of life. Those who really know me know that I'm a bit helpless and hopeless at times....)

So there. The closest thing to perfect that I experience each day is the laughter of my three girls. They bring more sunshine into my life than anything else. And since we're keepin' it real, I'll have it known that they also bring my greatest stress, sorrow, frustration, and anguish. I think it's the agony and the ecstasy that makes them the closest thing to perfect.

2 comments:

Mary Jane said...

I love you Rachel, in your honesty and hilarity. I really miss you and love to see your girls, I miss them too. Like, it almost brings me to tears, really. Thank you for being such a fun inspiring friend and post-neighbor. Wish you were here!

Likely said...

yes. I have been really thinking lately I need to stop reading blogs....depressing. It fills me with a lot of lies. And too much coming into my brain and my life, and not enough coming out.