10.21.2009

AWAY WE GO

I have been avoiding my blog lately. Busy? Yes. Distracted? That too. But the real culprit has been dealing with the unknowns. (Many of them.) We've toyed with so many options over the past few months that my brain is tired. But, we have finally come to a conclusion. The Penske has been rented; the realtor has been contacted. We are making our way to the Beehive State on November 8.

The decision has been anything but easy. No burning bush or still small voice. Just baby steps of recognition . . . we do feel the hand of God in this decision. And while I've never really felt that Sacramento is THE PLACE, saying goodbye is going to be harder than I imagined. And while we're moving into the arms of family and friends, we will sorely miss the life we've built here----the family we've made out of once-strangers. The world is full of good people----I have found so many of them here in our little corner of the world.

We still don't have many of the answers. There is no job awaiting us in Provo. There is a home. There are people. But, we're going to have to figure out the rest of the details upon arrival. Which is scary, but exhilarating.

We're on our way.

6 comments:

Lindy Johnson said...

oh, change is so hard. but, i know that you will be so happy surrounded by a network of friends and family! it takes a village, and you're going to have one!

Christelle said...

I didn't even know you had a blog. I lost your number and so I thought I would send you an email through your website and I found this. Way better. Reading your entries was like having you right here in the room with me. I love you. We're coming to the pumpkin patch in Wheatland on Friday (the day after tomorrow). I have to see you. I can't believe I had you so close and didn't take advantage of it, and now you're going to be 10 hours away. I'm not liking this at all. Call me pronto. 775-830-0758.

Erin said...

Wow. I can't say I'm surprised. Sad? Yes, terribly. Surprised? Not really. The draw of family and a hometown is so strong (plus a free place to live!). But we will definitely miss the Schutzes, even if we don't see you nearly as much as we would like. Are you going to sell your house, or rent it? Let us know if you need help with moving. When's the date?

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Congrats! I am certain exciting adventures await you and it all seems to work out. You guys will be so missed by many. Good luck to you all!

Natalie said...

I wondered if this would be your fate :) I can't tell you how many times we've toyed with the idea of "moving back". We even had the Penske truck rented and ready for us to go; then John was called to be bishop and we decided to stay (for now).
I'm so excited for you guys. A new adventure is always so refreshing. I'm sure Jon will find a great job in no time and you'll be happy to be back in familiar territory. AND...there will be a better chance of us actually getting together one of these days!! I know you're busy, but please call me sometime 4144253201. xoxoxo

~j. said...

Ah! I saw your name listed as one of the vendors for the upcoming Beehive Bazaar, and I thought how nice it is that you'd come for a visit.

I like this even more!!