6.07.2009

Schutz Shakes






A few Saturdays ago, I decided that we needed to add a little bit o' festiveness to our current repertoire. Schutz Shakes came to me in the shower (a coincidence, I think not; besides, all of my brilliant ideas come to me in the shower---my only few minutes of peace and quiet--unless, of course, Esther decides to come in with me after I've already gotten her bathed, dressed, and ready for the day).

So we bought ice cream, and candy bars, and bananas, and Mexican chocolate syrup, and berries, and Cap'n Crunch, and had some friends bring the contraband peanut butter. (Don't worry, we made Leah and Phoebe's shakes first with Haagen Dazs sorbet and frozen berries. No ER trips for this party.) We used mini cups and made lots of shakes. Luckily the Paulsens brought their Vitamix. Our silly Osterizer was put to shame!

What ensued? Taste tests, shakes, more taste tests, refills, ooohhhs, ahhhhs, and lots of fun.

Before the party started, I had my resident sign-maker, Leah, make a poster. I don't have a picture of it, but it said:

"THE HOSE WHERE SCHUTZ SHAKES ARE MADE." and it had lots of volcano-looking creations all over it. You can tell we don't have shakes very often. ;)

Thought I'd leave you with a little pic of the Schutz Shakes Players. If you want to come for Schutz Shakes, June Edition, drop me an email. You must live near Northern California, unless, of course, you're up for the drive.

Sorry about the clauses and commas.

1 comment:

Becca said...

At first I thought that schutz shakes referred to shaking the booty schutz style (especially jon's fine skills). This looks like so much fun. I can't believe how big Phoebe is (and does she have some of the same allergies that Leah has?).

I'd say Schutz shakes may just be worth the drive!