My Jonnie gave me his alarm clock yesterday after I threatened to buy my own . . . my cell phone chime isn't cutting it these days. [Jon is an anti-consumer. I own a shop full of whimsical nothings and everythings that appeal to the consumer in some of us. But that's beside the point. If I really want something he has, I just threaten to buy my own. Then it's mine.] He set the alarm to 6:00. Yep. And so, post-snoozes at 6:30, I got up and got my "magic" shoes on (thanks for the memories, beccalecca). Hit the treadmill. What the? It seems too good to be true? Or is it your daily routine already? Well, it hasn't been mine. I have settled into the fog of not exercising regularly since my Phoeberoni-and-What-Not was born, yes, 18 days shy of a year ago.
To make it even better, I read the Ensign. And even more amazingly, I wasn't bored. I totally enjoyed it. And here's a little tid-bit I re-came across, even for you who have or want nothing to do with my religion:
COME WHAT MAY, AND LOVE IT!
If you click on the link, you'll get the full text of what I'm talking about. If you don't click on the link, you've still got a motivational motto for your Monday. I've already said it about 7 times to myself this morning, and it's kind of working.
In other news:
Darlybird's got a little bag of surprises for you. Deep discounts for all you loyalists.
Darlyblog's got a giveaway x 4 --- and there is no statute of limitations that says that friends and relatives of the owners can't win. So there. Sign up.
May you LOVE what comes your way today.
2.02.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Loved this post Rachel. I on the other hand have not gotten on the treadmill because, like an idiot I have decided to repainted my house and I have used every spare minute to do it. I am going to do it while I watch the bachelor tonight. I heard that gasp- you think I am such a dork for watching that...I can't help myself. I really can't.
I loved Elder Wirthlin's talk. Right after he gave it this conference I made a wood sign thingy that says Come what may and LOVE it. I think it is the best saying ever. I say it when I get mad and it all goes away! I think it was the most inspiring conference talk for me.
ok, i am impressed! i can never exercise that early in the morning! how are you motivating yourself to stay away from treats? it's always a battle for me (one that i usually lose)!
Miss Rachel, you have totally inspired me to try a little more exercise. I LOVED that conference talk. I am presenting in for FHE next week.
Elder Wirthlin's talk was my favorite from last conference. You helped me remember why. I am so proud of you for treadmilling it! I am quickly becoming bored of exercise DVD's, but it's something, right? Come what may and LOVE it!!
Stephanie R.
Post a Comment