6.15.2008

Haven't Said Much Lately

I think I forgot how to blog. I have been pretty decent about posting new photos since Miss Ph was born . . . but writing? Argh . . . I've lost the knack. But I figure I might as well add some of my more memorable moments from the last I-don't-know-how-long:

  • Took baby Ph to the ER Wednesday night because she was uncontrollably screaming on and off on Wednesday. She never cries, let alone scream, so something was definitely off. At 2:00 am, with Jon out of town-----and luckily Tropical Velvet in town (thanks, Becca Claire!)-----I headed off to the ER. 5.5 hours later I was back at home without a diagnosis. Phoebe did have a set of chest x-rays, was catheterized, and given some Tylenol for a fever. I vowed never to eat sweets again as the diabetic man on the other side of the curtain had a literal heart attack while he was waiting to be seen. That resolve lasted for a few hours, until I got home and promptly ate a cookie leftover from the Neighborhood Watch meeting I hosted the night before. And then another. Stress eating, folks---it's a big problemo. And now I think that Phoebe just had an epic case of gas.
  • I got a boogie off Esther's nose a few weeks ago. She wanted to see it, so I showed it to her. She promptly stole it off my finger and put it in her mouth before I could stop her. I asked her what it tasted like, and without skipping a beat, said "lunch." Yum.
  • Had visits from lots of fun people: Jane and Bill, Ethel and Jefferson and Charlie, Leah E and kids, and Becca Claire and kids. Happiness to me that Phoebe (the namesake) and kids are arriving tomorrow night. Yippee!!!
  • At baby Ph's last appt (at 3.5 months), she weighed in at 16 lbs. WHAT THE? Leah B wasn't 16 lbs until she was almost one! She's basically in the 101st percentile. I love her chubby thighs and wrist rolls. Why aren't my chubby thighs that cute? Dang.
  • I followed American Idol pretty religiously. I was happy to see the Davids duke it out, and must admit that although Archuleta's music is not my style, I really like his creamy voice. It reminds me of George Michael for some reason, which spawned my reawakening with GM. You gotta have faith. Now I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance and have to make another admission: I Tivo-ed it and have since watched one of the performances (Katie and ?--- they did a hip-hop dance to a song by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown) at least 7 times. And even got goosebumps. Another double WHAT THE? I wish I could dance.
  • Leah turned 6 on May 26th. We're going to try and pull off an "It's not too late to celebrate" birthday party on Saturday.
  • I'm in the middle of revamping Darlybird a bit and hope to have a bit of a relaunch in the middle of July. Look for fun new sections and items.
  • Ricardo and Pedro did marvelous work on our kitchen. I'm loving my house about 1000000% better than I did. If you live in my area and need some work, give me a call and I'll hook you up.
  • Phoebe was born with her frenulum too attached, which made for the worst nursing experience on the planet. I know it usually hurts at first, but this was way worse than anything I could ever imagine. After two lactation consultant appts, she was "snipped" ala the KISS guy . . . her little frenulum was cut in order to help her tongue thrust better so she wouldn't be "biting" all the time . . . another memorable moment of holding down my 2 week-old while the Dr. takes a huge needle to her mouth and then a pair of scissors. Not that you wanted to know, but it'll be something interesting to her posterity.
  • Jon planted a great garden and we're already enjoying the spoils. Zucchini, corn, strawberries, tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, blackberries, marionberries. So far we've had zucchini, tomatoes and the berries. Come on, cukes!
  • Life is pretty darn good. I love my three girls, even though I pull my hair out on a near-daily basis. It's the agony and the ecstasy of being a mom. Damned and exalted on a daily basis.

6 comments:

Carina said...

Since we're confessing, I watched Katie and Joshua's popping routine about, oh, a million times. I got goosebumps too.


I also wish I could dance.

Becca said...

thanks for letting us make your week a bit crazier. i just got finished showing martin the katee & joshua dance on youtube....

Lindy Johnson said...

i am totally addicted to so you think you can dance. mia michaels is my fav. choreographer but that hip hop routine was awesome, too. i'm so glad that you're posting again!

shoeaddict said...

I LOVE the new stuff on darlybird. I'll be placing an order soon.

I'm eating so many tomatoes that it's ridiculous!!

Natalie said...

Happy to finally get an update! I've been waiting patiently.

Your garden sounds awesome! Did you grow the blackberries for the parfaits?? yummy!

Jordan said...

"Damned and Exalted on a daily basis". Ain't that the truth!!

I like reading what you write. More, more!