4.29.2007

Feist nugget


I love calling my kids random nicknames. This is a "feist nugget" moment. I love it! At times when my girlies are driving me bonkers, I refer to them as "toxic midgets." Totally un-PC, and even though I believe in PC-ness, it wouldn't be nearly as hilarious to say "toxic little person." I coined the term when I was pregnant with Esther and Leah was using me as a jungle gym and refused to be extricated. I just blurted it out: "Get off of me, you toxic midget!" And it stuck. We all think it's pretty funny. Even the TMs themselves.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jordan said...

I may just adopt those nicknames for my own "toxic midgets"--we have way too many of those moments. Good thing yours are so darn cute!!

Likely said...

That is great. I love nicknames. I was told once that the more nicknames you have, or if you have one at all, you are loved. Even if it is toxic midget, I think it is still true!

I am so glad that you are posting so frequently! Fun!

Lindy Johnson said...

i love the toxic midgets! it is so very fitting (for anders, too)! my dad calls anders a "baby brontosaurus" because he's so strong and impossible to control!

Becca said...

i love all your nicknames. just yesterday eden was talking about "monsty" and we were confused whether that referred to leah or esther. i thought leah, she thought estie. eden also thought it is really neat to have 3 generations of leah sisters.

Lindy Johnson said...

dear chi and becca: please update your blogs! love, lou.

pflower10 said...

I'm LOVING "toxic midget"!!! I too am going to lift that one for personal use as well!!!

I'm bummed I missed your trunk show, do you have plans to do another anytime in the future?