
Well, I noticed mold on the wall about a month ago. And disinfected. And it came back. So Jon did a little probing, and well, now we're in to the tune of a whole new bathroom. Fortunately our homeowner's insurance will pay for most of it. Unfortunately, we spent so much freakin' time on this tile. The hole in the wall is where the toilet used to be (it is wall-hung). The mold actually leads into the laundry room, so we get a new one of those, too. Any ideas on cool things to do? I don't think I can handle the expense/headache of this stuff again, as much as I did love it. And no worries, we're not dying of toxic black mold inhalation. I guess the whole mold thing is blown way out of proportion. As our insurance agent told us in the most serious tone, "Don't fear mold. Respect it." Aye, aye, mold!
2 comments:
Oh yes, we were just there several months ago. If you remember our under-the-kitchen-floor mold issue. Good thing is, we got a whole new kitchen out of it. Bad thing...yes, it took FOREVER, was an on-going headache, and cost much more that the insurance covered.
Your tile is awesome. Sorry for your loss. I'd be crushed too.
i love the "don't fear mold" quote.
and I'm sorry about the remodel - what a pain - but now you can try something new.
i'd LOVE to re-model our house - but that's a long way off - permits are a pain here.
Post a Comment