I keep telling myself that I've got to write down the crazy things Leah's been saying to me lately. And I keep not doing it. So this is where it's gonna be, because I don't think I'll take the time to hand write in my journal/notebook:
*Her: "Mom, I don't want a little sister any more. I want a big sister."
Me: "Why?"
Her: "Because little sisters are such a problem. Like, Giz is just so difficult."
UPDATE: That was one week ago and today Leah told me, "Mom, I love Giz. She isn't difficult any more."
*Leah was a little jealous of me working on Darlybird. So she decided to set up a shop in her playroom. She stole a few darlybird products and got busy "selling." She came into the office and said, "Mom, will you please get me my castrator?" "WHAT?" "You know, my castrator! It's for my shop!" (Like duh!) I followed her into the toy room, extremely perplexed, and she pointed up to her vintage Fisher Price cash register, complete with hockey-puck-like coins. (Did you have one, too?) I was thrilled that this was the castrator and not something more sinister.
*Her: "Mom, does Pocahontas live in the Spirit World?"
Me: "Yes, she probably does."
Her: "And what about John Smith."
Me: "Yep."
Her: "And what about that other dead guy."
Me: "What dead guy?"
Her: "You know, the one on t.v."
Me: "No, I really DON'T know."
PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE
Her: "OH YEAH! Mr. Roger [singular....] You know, Mr. Roger, that dead guy."
Me: "Yes, Mr. Roger and Pocahontas and John Smith are in the spirit world."
Her: "Can we please go visit them?"
Me: "Not today."
note: She's never watched Mr. Rogers.
Dang it! There are a few more, but I've already forgotten.
10.04.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
this is my only reasonable way of journaling anymore.
Love the "difficult" story.
That got me laughing! I love the things they say! Makes this parenthood ride worthwhile--sometimes ;)
Cute stories and adorabe pictures. I've never seen orange lip stick look good on someone--Giz wears it well!
We need to see you guys again soon. What is schedule like for next Wed.? It's the only day Jaden gets out at 12, otherwise it's 3.
Castrator...that will live in infamy!
I need to get a castrator here for our pretend store!
Ha ha!! "castrator"?? too funny.
thats cute, the "difficult" comment. I think I've heard everett say something like that before, about his little brother. :)
that leah is just so spunky!
I can't wait until mine start talking, too. I'm glad you're writing these down and letting us all participate, too.
so hilarious! i love it.
Post a Comment