10.17.2006

life is good

no reason in particular. just an overall feeling of contentment. man, i love contentment. i especially love enduring contentment.

things i'm happy about:
*i love my smudgy cakes kids. i know i have been honest about how they drive me nutso sometimes. now i must be honest about how they make me so happy~ giz is in such a great phase...i think 9 mos to 19 months was possibly her most unsavory phase. let's hope. she is saying so many words: "ba ba"=drink, "obby"=sorry, "day do"=thank you, "ide"=outside or inside, whichever one she isn't at the moment, "peee"=please. happy am i for a girl who can speak. leah is more of a sweethearted girl than ever. i overheard her telling giz: "it's okay my little sweety, i'll help you." i'm holding my breath that things stay this delightful for some time to come!

*i made a really tasty dinner tonite: vegetarian chili, cornbread muffins, apple crisp.

*i love the holidays, and they're starting.

*i feel super duper fulfilled by darlybird (the other darlybird). my mind is always thinking of new ideas, and that is so much fun.

*i got a pronk blouse this weekend (the beautiful blouse). love it!

*perfect weather. highs in the mid 70s. morning chill.

*fall leaves. i even snagged a few when i was in utah briefly; i took them home, pressed flat in my purse, and now they are decorating various areas of my home.

*giz wants me to read to her. i'm a happy mom.

6 comments:

Carina said...

Normally I get peeved when I see the Christmas decorations out before Halloween. However, today at TJ Maxx my heart skipped a beat when I looked at the piles and piles of Christmas tchotchkes.

Hooray! Holidays!

Bluebell said...

I miss you! I had the strangest dream that I bit you on the shoulder and it left these boil-like marks. Yikes. I would never do that! Weirdness. Anyway, I'm so glad you keep a blog, and that you're my friend. And Happy Birthday to Jon, by the way. Your girls are TOO cute! Sometimes I don't realize we (my kids and I) have been in a good phase until we're moving out of it. Contentment is a very good thing. Enjoy. =)

HornInFBb said...

I'm feeling it too.
:)

Phoebe said...

I'm missing the California Fall weather, but I guess I'll have to be CONTENT with this new phase of my life!
I'm glad you are happy. It's just better that way.

Lindy Johnson said...

i love this time of year, too! it's just so fun to stay inside and cook. i made pumpkin chocolate chip bread and a great chicken stew last night. yum! and, then spent a few hours reading "piano lessons" (which i'm really liking-so thank you) with a big cup of hot chocolate. i'm also thrilled to hear that giz has turned the corner!

Natalie said...

I'd be content with that too....sounds perfect. I'm especially envious of you getting a pronk blouse. I would love one, but am afraid to buy something that expensive before trying it on. I'm sure it will look great, but you know?