1. My awesome sister Susannah just launched her clothing line at www.pronkstyle.com. I know I mentioned this before, but just wanted to reiterate and give some new info. Basically, her clothing is ultra fine---the fabrics are imported from London and are pretty much exquisite to look at and touch. She was going to sell her first collection in little posh boutiques, but decided that in order to do that, her clothing would be very expensive, and well out of the range of most budgets. So she decided to market and sell the clothing on her own for about half the price of what the items would go for in boutiques. When her pattern maker and others from the industry have seen her clothing, they all tell her that it should be in the $200-$300 range per item. So, considering the hand embroidery, the fabulous design and fit of each item, and the amazing fabrics, their ~$100 price range is quite a steal. And it is really cool because she is using an amazing women-owned-and-run factory in Madagascar. It is definitely not a sweatshop.
2. Darlybird has a few new items. Not that that's a big deal. And I'll be adding some great stained glass necklaces and new vintage jewelry in the very near future. But, I am interested in expanding to include more items made by moms at home. This is kind of an intriguing genre for me---I see amazing handmade things made by women who have little kids---and they do it in every spare moment that they can muster. (That's how I have always been. A project or two or three on the back burner, and as soon as nap time comes around, I'm OFF to start my project.) So if you have something that you think fits into the Darlybird genre, send me an email at rachel@darlybird.com. I always love to see new things.
3. What do you do to keep track of your keys? Such a random question, yes, but I lose mine everyday and I'm about ready to cry, get my license revoked, or have them somehow surgically implanted . . . I NEED HELP!
8.31.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm so in love with the Pronk skirt and dress!!!! I bet my sister would like her stuff, too. I'll pass the word along.
About keys: I have a basket on a little table just inside my front door where they go as soon as I step inside.
Keys? Well I just lost mine for about 4 days and finally found them under the protective bottom of the diaper bag. . .ugh. I'm off to make about 12 copies of each. I seriously lost my mind looking for those suckers.
I have a key hook by my front door.
They also sell those key finder gadgets where you push a button and your keys start beeping. I bet you can find it online. Because pretty much you can find anything online.
Hi, I just read your blog because you're linked to Phoebe's and I wouldn't normally post but.... I do have a solution to the key problem. We have these beepers attached to our keys, TV remote controls and other necessary items. They can be bought from Sharper Image. Press a button and your keys start beeping. We carry the key finder from room to room and when we get close enough the keys sound off an alarm. It saves me tons of time. I also wish I was fabulous enough to make something to sell on Darlybird, but alas, my talents are not so aligned.
so, i found my keys. guess where they were? on TOP of my car. Yep. They had even made it to and from preschool up there. there must have been some "heavenly glue" or something...
janelle---thanks for commenting!! i'm going to look at sharper image right now for the key finder. i absolutely think that's the solution....not that the other solutions weren't great, but i don't know if i'm disciplined enough to always put them in the same place. thanks for the tip.
hey chi,
i have a very cute key hook right next to our door and i'm in the habit of putting them there when we come in. of course, i have lost my keys at other places . . .i happen to have a huge bright blue boys and girls club lanyard that they are attached to, so it makes finding them a bit easier!
Oooh. I know a mom here in Westchester that makes some pretty fantabulous onsies with little felt and embroidery compositions on the front, plus little felt booties to match. I'll have to send her your info.
Clap on, Clap off.....the CLAPPER for keys!?! I love it! I leave mine in the ignition....
I am ready for a new post now, please.
Post a Comment