an outlet, an inlet, a time-suck, something to look forward to, an oh-my-gosh-did-i-just-make-that-public? platform...basically my life in a nutshell. welcome.
7.20.2006
Me: "Hold still so I can take a picture." Her: This pose
az--i think i'm callous to her silliness now. she does things like this all the time. it almost doesn't phase me anymore. and she is so sweet, intermingled with the biggest whining problem on the planet, but truly a silly, sweet, hilarious girl.
I love Davis with all of my heart. We lived there for 5 years and hope to move back someday....too expensive to own a home there now, but maybe someday? Cool that you're currently an expat. Any plans to come back to the US?
I would love to move back to Davis one day. I would say there is about a 70% chance we will move back to the States when I finish my degree (2-3 years), mostly because, 1. i miss my family in Cali, and it takes 24hr of traveling to get to them and 2. I think we will find it easier to find jobs there. But it will feel strange to go back, I don't think I will ever completaly fit in again. At the very least we would like to spend a year or two in Austria once we have a child so they can feel more European (since they will be half!) and practice their German, as we hope to raise them in a 2 language household.
8 comments:
love it!
So Leah!
Hahahaha.
So cute.
Also, love the fireplace.
I've been thinking about this pose all weekend, how did you not just fall over laughing?
az--i think i'm callous to her silliness now. she does things like this all the time. it almost doesn't phase me anymore. and she is so sweet, intermingled with the biggest whining problem on the planet, but truly a silly, sweet, hilarious girl.
I like the pose!
Just found your blog and I'm enjoying it!
(ps I grew up in Davis)
Sara--
I love Davis with all of my heart. We lived there for 5 years and hope to move back someday....too expensive to own a home there now, but maybe someday? Cool that you're currently an expat. Any plans to come back to the US?
I would love to move back to Davis one day. I would say there is about a 70% chance we will move back to the States when I finish my degree (2-3 years), mostly because, 1. i miss my family in Cali, and it takes 24hr of traveling to get to them and 2. I think we will find it easier to find jobs there.
But it will feel strange to go back, I don't think I will ever completaly fit in again. At the very least we would like to spend a year or two in Austria once we have a child so they can feel more European (since they will be half!) and practice their German, as we hope to raise them in a 2 language household.
Post a Comment