I just sent several of you an email asking for a small "business" favor. But I don't have many of your email addresses, so I'm going to post my email here to see if any of you want to aid me in my venture. If you want a cute postcard sent to your home, or you know of someone who would like a cute postcard sent to their home, drop me a line with contact info at rachel@darlybird.com
(Please? Thanks.)
HERE'S the email:
Hi Friends~
I think most of you know that I am well on my way to launching my online business, Darlybird. I am writing for a couple of reasons:
1) To let you know that I'm getting there....my "office" can attest to it---boxes upon boxes upon boxes of merchandise. Really cool stuff. It's exciting.
2) Many of you have been my most ardent supporters along the way and have asked if you could ever do anything to help me. Well, here's where I'm going to ask a small favor. But please, oh please, don't feel obligated or bad about this in ANY way. I detest all pyramid schemes, and I'm not good at fulfilling chain letters, so know that I kind of dread this whole pimping-my-business-out process. If you are just too busy to answer this email, that's fine. I'm cool like that. (in my most gansta accent...)
I just ordered 2500 postcards and I want to start sending them out. I have attached a pdf of the design (thanks, Martha for your hard work!) Basically, I would love to send you a postcard, and either a) get the names/addresses of some of your friends/family/contacts that you think would be interested in fun, funky, functional (whoa, that's a lot of funs) products that are well designed, mostly VERY affordable, and unique or b) send you some pre-stamped postcards for you to send out yourself, if you'd rather do it that way.
Either way or no way, I love you all and hope things are going well for you if I haven't talked to you in awhile.
Take care,
RHS
And the image is actually two drafts of the same thing.....I just didn't have a separated jpg copy to post and I don't know if you can post pdf files on blogger?
Also, Darlybird technically has not landed, so don't be surprised if you go to the url and see "website under construction." Hopefully that will change in a few short weeks. (Fingers crossed.)
And, I assume that I don't know some of you . . . I don't need to know you to send a postcard to you. So email me.
6.18.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sorry that there's no postcard posted. I sometimes get a message that I need to clear cookies and enable java---or something along those lines---and blogger won't let me upload pics because of it. And then I do what they say and it still doesn't work! The conspiracy!
So, if you want to see my cute postcard, you really need to email me.
Post a Comment