2.09.2006

don't have much to say...so why am i saying nothing?

I've wanted to post this quote for a long time, but just haven't. Don't know why. Sometimes I squirm at the "quote" culture. But this one is well worth it. Memorize it:

"Courage for the great sorrows in life, and patience for the small ones. And when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." --Victor Hugo

oh, and that crappy drawing of my family is done by yours truly. someone (beccalecca) asked if it was leah's drawing. so i'm not much of an artist....and i didn't scan it in just for my blog. i had it in my computer because i sent it to my jonnie-o-jonnie at work so he could see that i was doing something semi-educational (making books) with our daughter. she's bound to be an english major.

3 comments:

Bek said...

Lauren is totally in a "book" phase too. She just draws ALL DAY. It is kind of nice though.

I just saw your comment on the mural post. The parm chicken IS from Ina Garten. That is my favorite recipie HANDS DOWN. I am make it all the time. I also love the peanut satay chicken, the couscous salad and the Lemon Thyme chicken salad w/ peppers and snowpeas. I make all of that at least once a week.

I also just did the Pecan squares. Oh baby. Rachel..how do I not know you? We are basically the same person. When do you come to PA next? Huh?

Rachel said...

bek--love the ina garten. all things ina are divine, altho my mom discovered that if you leave about 1/2 of the butter out of many of her "baked good" recipes, they're still really yummy and decadent. i love the peanut satay, although i don't get to make it anymore because of my peanut-allergic leah. boo hoo! ina garten is my poster-woman for chubby-and-happy. i often think that i'd be o.k. chubby if i was eating ina's foods and having fabulous parties, weekly. oh, i forgot to answer your celiac question. nope, leah isn't celiac, but she does have some pretty intense food allergies: wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts...used to be allergic to soy, too, but that one was overcome at age 2. so esther is on the same regimen just to hopefully avoid the allergy issue altogether. jon and i used to be pretty much vegetarian until we had leah. now we have poultry quite often. jon still won't eat red meat, hence the grilled cheese at in-n-out. i actually just took the girls there for the 4 patty, one fries, and one grilled cheese (and the large diet coke) this afternoon. boy can they pound those patties!

oh, have you tried ina's lemon bars? divine. my true fave dessert of hers is the frozen key lime pie. to die for. literally. divine.

i haven't been to pa forever...don't know why. i guess it's sometimes easier for sus to come here because we have 4 bedrooms and a bigger house altogether, but we still go down there and need to soon. so hopefully within the next month. i'll for sure let you know.

Bek said...

That is what she said too...it is easier to go to your house.

I am allergic to eggs and corn (among other things). Corn is in everything..as a sweetener or thickener. Stinks. I will still make and eat polenta (and suffer the consequnces---migraines) because I love it SO SO MUCH> I am a mostly a veggie too, but I will eat chicken!