1.04.2006

celebrate good times, come on!

*NOTE: (If you haven't read my pity party post, either read it before this one, or don't read it at all...)

I just have to say that Jon and I had many fabulous moments in Utah that can't and won't be excluded at the expense of my self-pity. Let's hear it for family, friends, and good times~!

*Pulling up to good ole 1760 Oak Lane with the Furrs was very heartwarming. Davises poured out of the house and hugs were had by all.

*Cabin nights with Jennie and Brig? Divine. The warmth and splendor of great friends is enough to heat even the grinchiest heart....

*Being with all of the Harmons (minus Josh/Anna/Daisy/Clara/Sethster/Lolly/Grompin)? Muy fabuloso (that one was for YOU, Joseph Harmon). It was awesome to see Joe so in LOVE with his woman. Julianne, you're amazing and we're excited to have you in the fam. Also, I hadn't ever seen baby Bella--she's so sweet and mild. I love her spirit, B&B.

*Borg dinner/sleepover/breakfast: delicious, in every sense of the word. And only slightly deliciously tormenting (the knowledge that this was not an eternal sleepover, mingled with the sudden onslaught of my sickness, were the only tormenting factors)....can we please repeat? and soon? Let's plan for the collective 30 party. Collectively.

*Blog lunch: fun, fun, fun, and funny. It was awesome to put names with faces (even though I already knew most of the names and faces....but it's been YEARS, chicas, YEARS! and who would've known that we'd someday merge in Thai Chili?) Thanks for the fun. The picture will be posted. Maybe in a few minutes. Maybe not.

*Sisters night at J&J's house. I'm so glad that I now have 7 sisters! Leah, Sarah, Susannah, Anna, Joanna, Becca, and Julianne, you guys are all such amazing women and great examples in my life. And I think me, Leah, Sarah, and Becca should add anne or anna to our names (Leannah, Saranne, Beccanne, Rachanna...) so that we can fit in.

So, Utah and tahns, we love you. We just had bad luck. And lest you be disappointed and despairing, we'll be back.....February 16th to be exact. Get ready. Get set.

6 comments:

Bek said...

We tried to get to Lake Tahoe the day after Christmas. It took us 101/2 HOURS! The last 5 hours were from that SAME TACO BELL to the top of the pass. Huh? We didn't even have snow or accidents. Last year we weren't able to make it on to Utah after skiing a few days (blizzard) so we came home early. The family that stayed got stuck a few extra days....I feel your pain--and what is with that Taco Bell?

Glad you had fun in the end.

I LOVE YOUR TOWELS (from about 10 posts ago--is that West Elm? I want to do my son's bedroom in that....)

Rachel said...

thanks for commiserating...i'm sorry your journey proved heinous as well. note to self re next year: STAY HOME!

Towels are magically from Marshall's. Can you believe? They look very west elmy with the whole geometica theme. There were some really awesome apple green and brown velvety ones there the other day. i had to resist the urge. i'd love to see your son's bedroom....

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

Dear Rachel,
Don't mind if I butt in do you?...
We got us a lovely, delectable DVD player for our rigg...best move we ever made. Good luck!

~j. said...

Hello, new friend. Lunch was delightful, and I look forward to another whenever you can make it.

And, by the by (I've never said that before), I bought a dvd player (two screens) for my provomobile (white mini-van) right before I drove to NY this summer. Saved. My. Life. Do it.

Rachel said...

nie nie, PLEASE butt in. (i love your blog---especially your colors and how much you adore your husband. i love my husband, too, but i think he'd be really jealous if he started reading your blog...) :)

jenny--lunch was delish, delight, and delove, and by the by, i think i've talked jon into a dvd player "for our next big trip" which will happen who knows when. by then i think i'll be able to talk him into the two-screener. until then, lots and lots of i told you sos and low-grade bugation.

Bek said...

The first time we flew to Europe with Lulu (at 18 months) we bought a portable DVD player. We still have that one and just bought another one for Cubby!!!

Good to see you here Steph. I also LOVE the colors of your blog, and your walls, etc....