1.30.2006

Apology from Pluto's

A free salad and a kid's meal (that my kids can't eat). Now that's divine retribution.

Rachel:

I just got off the phone with Phoebe and would have called you if I had your phone number. I wanted to apologize for the way my manager in Davis handled your lunch visit on the 17th. As the owner and having three kids of my own, I understand the experiences in dining out with kids. It is never the intent of any of my employees or managers to offend or disappoint our guests' experiences. I have talked to Andrew, the manager on duty that day, and rehearsed a different way to manage this situation (politely and apologetically). We value every guest's experience to the highest standard and I can assure you this will not happen again. If you would be so kind as to email me your home address (for my eyes only), then I will send you a coupon for a complimentary salad and kid's meal as a token of my apology.

Kindest Regards,

Gerry Bugas,Owner

9 comments:

Carina said...

That's RIGHT.

I love how he made the manager rehearse different ways of handling the situation.

Go Phoebe!

Geo said...

I think a full pass to a day spa would have been much more appropriate, but a salad ain't bad.

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

its about time

Johanna Buchert Smith said...

I'm still indignant for you. At the very least he could send TWO (allergic) kids meals, one for each.

Natalie said...

Good! Although you do deserve much more than a measly salad to compensate emotional trauma.

HornInFBb said...

The "compensation" isn't so impressive, but the apology part was great. Do you feel any better about it now?

The Duke said...

SWEET!

Natalie said...

Just wanted to say I LOVE the new colors on your blog!!! This is the best combo yet. Wish I was smart enough to figure out how to do that! :)

Rachel said...

natalie--

thanks for the color confidence. once i figured out how to change colors, i definitely went overboard. i've never been one to know boundaries when it comes to colors. argh!

by the way, just click on template on your dashboard and then you'll see a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. then wherever it says color#, you just start monkeying with those letters. i always get the codes by googling "html color chart" and then use that. good luck. it's always a crap shoot for me because i'm the opposite of technologically aware.