1.06.2006

anyone know a good web designer?

I'm working on my business, and i need to hire a web designer. Pretty soon. I was kind of thinking a student or someone who wants to build their portfolio (maybe a bit less expensive) versus a tried and true pro....but either will do at this point. If you have a suggestion, please drop it my way!

10 comments:

Bek said...

What kind of business? And WHERE exactly do you live? We need to get together, and your sister...she is great and I want to get to know her better...play date? Jacob is kind of a bruiser, but at least he smiles while doing it....

Rachel said...

Online retail business---
target audience: youngish, hippish, domestic-ish...people who care about nice design, but can't afford paying for the top of the top.
In my October(?) archives, there's a post called "The Road to Darlybird" and there are some pictures of some potential products. I've got tons of ideas and a lot of contacts and products lined up already. I had a web designer (my fabulous neighbor) who is now unable to do it, so I'm looking elsewhere.

I live in Sacramento, but come down to p.a. somewhat frequently. I'd love to have you up, or next time I go visit sus, we can plan something. And Esther might be able to give Jacob a run for his moolah.

Bek said...

those two sound like a match made in heaven....

let me know next time you are in town..I'm gonna go check out the post......

Bek said...

Your stuff looks great!! Really. I would buy that stuff,AND I know lots of of gals in your target market that would too.

I wish I could help you. If there is anything I can do, let me know (I do take photos on occasion). What a great idea and a bold move.

R

Bek said...

BTW..you probably have seen this already but this is a great site...

http://www.designsponge.blogspot.com/

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

Rachel, visit my friend's website (reachel bagley) she is the best web designer I know!!!

http://www.reachelandrew.com/index.html

Natalie said...

Hey Rach....if you're still interested in my bro-in-law in seattle, I'll email you his info.

Rachel said...

nie nie--Does Reachel (it's hard for me to spell my own name differently from what i'm used to...it took me like 3 tries on this one!) do web design for fun, for business, for whatever? does she have any other sites i can look at? i enjoyed all of her awesome pictures at her website. very beautiful and artsy indeed. a worthy godmother to be sure!

natalie--i'd be interested in talking shop with your bro-in-law.

bek--thanks for the vote of confidence. it is a bit gutsy, and at times i wonder if it's misguided, appropriate, stupid, but the bottom line is always that i feel like i should proceed. so we'll see where that takes me.

Bek said...

I found this site...it looks like it is connected to a place that supports "mom" business owners. Maybe you could find a mentor?...

http://www.verymom.com/

Go to her "about me" page. There are tons of links that are helpful to web business owners.....check out Very Commerce.

Rebecca

Rachel said...

bek, you're awesome! i went to her site and it looks like she's got some talent! it's an interesting read, too. thanks for pimping for me.