12.13.2005

funniest thing...

warning: This is one of those too-much-information posts. it might make you mildly uncomfortable, so skip if you're squeamish about personal affairs. but of course, you're going to read it now just because i said that. so sorry in advance if you think i'm too open. i got jon's approval before i posted this.

jon and i were driving home last night from a birthday party (taking a few detours so we could get our girls asleep in the car) and we were talking about issues (my particular issue is that i'm feeling pretty chubby as of late), and then jon told me: "i love you, i want you, i need you." i smiled. he added, "tonight." my response: "Only if you do the dishes." Him: "Sure." Me: "That is such a good deal." Him: "I think so too."

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for sharing. That is so funny. :) I like hearing other couples' conversations on such things "...because you just have to laugh at yourself" (Indigo Girls). Nice to know that other people do the same thing you do. This one's pretty cute.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

That deal is made almost nightly at our house.
I have a hard time holding up to my end of the bargain,if you know what I mean...

m-l-e said...

hmmm... does take some of the glamour out of married life i suppose ;)

kristib said...

That is too funny- I think most women would think that's a good deal.

Carina said...

Great deal! Applies universally as well. :)