8.25.2005

How is today different from yesterday?

I've got some sorting to do.....not just the random dregs of our recent move (2 huge boxes in my closet, 19 boxes in the "office/craft/guest" room, but mainly mental sorting.

Being a mom is really hard for me. It brings me my greatest joys, but my ultimate lows: try yesterday when estie was screaming her guts out for no apparent reason and Leah was fake crying because her Strawberry Shortcake band-aid was coming off and I was being "not very nice" to her--this at the near-end of a day with incessant whining, complete exhaustion, total boredom, and an afternoon realization that the missionaries were coming over for dinner at 5:30...I ended up locking myself in my bedroom and calling a quick s.o.s. to jon--not that he's able to really physically save me, but mentally?...that's the hope--anyway, I really felt that the only way out was out--I jokingly told jon "self annihilation or a full-time job." But it didn't seem too funny at the time.

So today I've been to the gym, made a cute t-shirt that I'm currently wearing, made homemade granola complete with 3 baggies for various neighbors, played a bit with my kids and taken care of them--and I'm not at all crazy. This is what I'm sorting. Today I feel like the alter-ego of yesterday. I'm pretty content, but a bit frightened. What lies on the other side of today?

Can I attribute today's success to the fact that I went to the gym and got an adrenaline rush and free time? Maybe. Is it pure circumstance that my kids are actually behaving better today? Maybe. A huge blessing from God to derail yesterday's dilemma? Maybe. I honestly don't know. But I'm going to run with it. Gotta go deliver that granola.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Basically I think it's a mixture of all those things. The missionaries coming to dinner part is nuts! That's a doozy on top of a bad day.....I want that t-shirt pattern.